We are all aware of developing issues arising from the Covid-19 virus and as the uncertainty continues to evolve at pace, our clear priority remains the health and wellbeing of our staff, our customers and other stakeholders.
In response to the current situation, we have implemented our business continuity plan, which examines all areas of our business operations. We would like to share with you some of the measures that we have implemented based on the updated guidance of 16th March 2020:
- Our staff will not travel outside of Northern Ireland for business purposes in the coming months.
- Unfortunately, we have had to make the difficult decision to cease all meetings within our offices. We are able to offer alternative arrangements to include;
- Telephone conference calls
- Video conferencing
We can provide all of the above options to suit your preference and of course we will remain readily contactable by mobile phone and email. We also understand that you are likely to be making similar decisions regarding attendance at your premises.
- Given the new guidance on social distancing we will not be organising or attending any events in the coming months.
- We have the technology infrastructure for all our staff to work remotely and have tested all remote access systems and processes. Therefore from Friday 20th March 2020, the GUK team will work remotely and operate with a reduced workforce onsite until further notice. This will allow our team to stay connected to each other and our customers whilst ensuring that we operate at normal levels.
- Our staff have all been briefed on the latest circumstances as to when and how to employ self-isolation measures. Robust hygiene controls have been introduced and contingency planning is in place if colleagues need to self-isolate.
We fully understand that your business depends on our ability to provide reliable, uninterrupted service and by taking these precautionary measures we hope to limit the potential spread of the virus, support our employees in this challenging time and ensure that we maintain our ability to deliver high standards of support and customer service for the long term.
We will continue to monitor and follow the advice of the Government and Public Health Agency in real time and respond quickly as conditions evolve.
As always, stay safe and healthy.