Goudsmit Magnetics UK Ltd is firmly committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of all personal data received or collected, in strict adherence to the Data Protection Act 1998. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Goudsmit Magnetics UK Ltd may change this policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 22.05.18 and by using our website you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller for the personal data that we hold and process. We may act as a Data Processor on behalf of certain clients. Our registered address is First Floor Templeback, 10 Templeback, Bristol, England, BS1 6FL.
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding your personal data and how we may use it, including any queries relating to this Policy, please contact email@example.com or by writing to the “Data Protection Office” at Goudsmit Magnetics UK Ltd, 10 Cromac Place, Belfast, BT7 2JB. Alternatively you can telephone 02890271001.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Goudsmit Magnetics UK Ltd.’s data protection and privacy measure are governed by the (i) General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016.679) (“GDPR”) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and then (ii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or Data Protection Act 1998 (“Data Protection Legislation”)
GDPR requires that all organisations that process personal data to have a Lawful Basis for doing so. The Lawful Basis identified in the GDPR are:
• Consent of the data subject.
• Performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract.
• Compliance with a legal obligation.
• To protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person.
• Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
• The legitimate interests of ourselves, or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights, or freedoms of the data subject.
For the purposes of Data Protection Legislation:
1. Where personal data is provided directly to Goudsmit UK through the use of the Website, email, or other means where Goudsmit Magnetics UK Ltd is determining the way in which that personal data is processed, then Goudsmit Magnetics UK Ltd will be a data controller of such information.
2. Where Goudsmit UK Magnetics Ltd is provided personal data in its capacity of providing Services to its clients, then Goudsmit Magnetics UK Ltd will only process that personal data in accordance with the instructions of its clients and Goudsmit Magnetics UK Ltd will be the data controller of that personal data for that purpose.
Personal data means any data or information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed or is anonymous.
How to we collect information from you?
Direct Interactions. You may give us your contact information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise; or
Enquiries information, when made through the Website or by email; or
Third Parties, we may also receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as contact data from providers.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include but not limited to the following:
• Email Address
• Telephone Numbers
• Fax Numbers
• Country of Residence
• IP Address
• Information regarding what pages are accessed and when
How is your information used?
Examples of legitimate interests and how we may use your information include but is not limited to the following:
• Process orders that you have submitted.
• Where the data subject is a client or in the service of the controller.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered by you and us.
• Dealing with enquiries on any of our products and services and direct them to the appropriate support staff.
• Seek your views or comments on the services we provide for continuous improvement.
• Notify you of changes to our services.
• Maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services.
• Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, customer surveys and promotions of our associated company’s goods and services or newsletters.
• Manage the product or service contract provided to us from you.
• Processing for direct marketing purposes or to prevent fraud.
• Transmission within group undertakings for internal administrative purposes.
• Reporting possible criminal acts or threats to public security.
• Conduct data analysis, testing, research and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends.
• Investigate and address your concerns.
Our Lawful Basis is legitimate interests when the data subject is a current or past client. Our Lawful Basis is consent when the data subject has registered their information with us via our website, email or in person.
Who has access to your information?
Personal data shall only be used for its intended purpose and will be shared with our Customer Relationship Management system (Insightly), whose purpose shall be to host and maintain our client database.
We do not sell our data to third parties.
We do not use automated decision-making in the processing of your personal data.
Your information will be shared internally at Goudsmit Magnetics UK Ltd between members of our sales, marketing, quality, operations, management, and IT teams, if access to the data is necessary for performance within their roles.
Your information will also be shared with any member of the Goudsmit Group of companies.
We review our retention periods of personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as necessary for the relevant activity, as set out in any relevant contract you hold with us or for as longs as is needed to meet our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
Third Party Service Providers
We may pass your information to third party service providers, agents, subcontractors, and other associated organisations. When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have an agreement in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be assured we will not release your information to third parties beyond the Goudsmit Magnetics UK Ltd network for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Companies providing services to Goudsmit Magnetics UK Ltd may include:
• Tracing and identity verification agencies
• Auditing services
• Legal Advisors
• Logistics Providers
• Travel Solution Providers
When you sign up to receive our newsletter, we ask for your name and your email address.
We will ask for your consent to use your name and email address to email you our company newsletter which contains information about our products and other information which we feel might be of interest to you.
You can withdraw your consent at any time as you have a choice about whether you wish to receive information from us.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email or phone unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at anytime by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02890271001.
Your name and email address are shared with a third-party mailing system which is based in the US and is certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield (which requires effective safeguards for your information). This company has contractually committed to providing appropriate safeguards for your personal data which means it will be protected in line with the legal requirements of the European Union.
We do not use the information provided to make automated decisions that might affect you.
We keep your personal data for as long as we produce and distribute our newsletter. If you withdraw your consent, we will mark your details so that they are not used.
As a data subject, you have several rights. You can:
• Access and obtain a copy of your data on request
• Require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data
• Require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data
• Object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
• Ask the organisation to stop processing data for a period if the data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether your interests override the organisation’s legitimate grounds for processing data
We have security precautions in place to protect loss, misuse, or alteration of your information. This includes checking that appropriate physical and technological security processes are in place to protect your data. We have obtained assurances that all service providers have such security in place.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc..) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we will make every effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Cookies are small files saved to your computer’s hard drive that track, save, and store information about your interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website through its server to provide you with a tailored experience within our website.
Links to other Websites
Our website also includes links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept responsibility or liability for these policies.
Transferring Information Outside the EU
As part of our services offered to you, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, products may be manufactured outside the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing, or processing.
If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.