At Goudsmit UK, we pride ourselves in our commitment to customer service. Therefore, we constantly review our practices and procedures to ensure we provide you with the best possible service. We also feel it is extremely important to make you fully aware of any significant changes that would have an impact on your business, including:
- Lead times
- Currency markets
- Commodity prices
With the 29th March fast approaching, we now find ourselves in a situation where a No Deal Brexit is a real possibility. With this, and in the absence of other indicators from the U.K. government, Brexit is likely to be disorderly for the UK. A No Deal Brexit is expected to result in:
- Increased trade barriers
- Imposition of significant restrictions on the exchange of goods between the E.U. and the U.K
In preparation, Goudsmit UK have been working tirelessly to put measures in place to ensure the continuation of supply to all our customers during the transition period and beyond, working closely with our freight partners and shipping agents to plan for whatever outcome. We are confident that the plans in place should hopefully lessen the transition pain.
Both Goudsmit UK and our UK based freight forwarder are currently researching the Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) accreditation, weighing up both the options and potential benefits. However, I can confirm that our co-loaders/agents for China, Customs brokers and trailer providers all carry the AEO accreditation presently.
With the uncertainties associated with the full impact of Brexit, we would strongly encourage advanced planning with regards to your forecasted requirements and stock holding. To assist you with this, we have identified some key points:
- We are advising all our customers to allow for potentially longer delivery lead times when considering new production orders.
- Goods entering and exiting the UK after the 29th March will likely experience delays clearing customs going forward.
- However, as the majority of our goods are shipped directly from China to the UK and do not come through Europe, at this stage we believe that interruptions/delays should be minimal for now.
- With regards to all future deliveries from existing UK stock, we would advise our customers to confirm requirements or forward a firm delivery schedule to Goudsmit UK at the earliest opportunity.
- The above will allow Goudsmit UK to plan and secure the freight in good time and should avoid delays where possible.
I would like to thank you for your support over the last few years and to remind you that we are here to partner you in business to the best of our efforts. Should you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us on +44 (0) 2890 271 001. OR you can also email:
Catherine Robinson – email@example.com
Carole Glass – firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Agnew – email@example.com
Finally, please accept my assurances that we will continue to work with you where possible to meet your requirements.