What is a Magnetic Window Cleaner?
A magnetic window cleaner works to help you better clean your windows more efficiently and safely. The window cleaner is filled with strong magnets which help to keep it from falling or breaking while you’re cleaning. It uses the magnets built into it to lock itself through the glass on the window.
The cleaner attaches both of its sides on the separate windowpanes, both will work to clean the different window sides as you move it. This means that as you clean the inside part of your window, the outside part will start to clean as well.
How Does it Work?
Simply, take the two sides of the product and attach one to the outside of the window and one on the inside. The two magnets attract each other, allowing you to start cleaning your window. As you work to clean the inside of the window, the outside magnet will follow the same path and clean the outer windowpane.
Depending on the type of window cleaner, the cleaning paths will work differently. For example, a robotic one usually comes with pre-set routes which often move in zigzags. Other window cleaner models might need you to move them horizontally or in other directions so they can properly clean your windows.
However, before attaching the magnets together don’t forget to put cleaning solution on both cleaners’ sponges so it will work to wash the window.
Features to Look for
There are a few features you should look for in one of these window cleaner types, including:
- Size – It’s important to find a magnetic window clearer that is a suitable size, you don’t want one that might be too big or small for your windows. This could lead to them not being able to fully clean your windows properly.
- Magnet strength – The window cleaners rely on magnets to work, so you want to make sure they’re strong. A weak magnet may make it difficult to use and possibly even result in the window cleaner falling of the window.
- Absorption ability – It’s important to ensure that the cleaning solution applied to the window cleaner will absorb off the windows. If not, it could end up leaving a residue on them.
- Versatility – Although not a critical aspect, it would be beneficial if the window cleaner not only worked to clean windows, but also other surfaces like floors.
- Safety rope – In the event of the magnets not holding together, a safety rope will help to ensure the window cleaner will not fall.
There are many benefits that these models have, such as:
- Magnetic window cleaners make cleaning easier since you can clean both sides of the window at the same time.
- With the use of magnets, users can clean windows that are located on higher levels safely. Often, cleaning windows that are on a higher floor level is difficult. However, with the magnetic window cleaner users can easily and carefully clean them without injuries occurring.
- These also work with many different window types, like single and double pane windows.
Are These Window Cleaners Safe to Use?
While these window cleaners are easy to use, you do have to be careful with them. For instance, users must make sure to not lean too far out the window to attach them. This can end up causing major safety issues if the window is located on a high level. After attaching it to the window users should move their hand and arm back inside. While these aren’t dangerous to use, you do need to be careful when applying them to the outside window and taking them off.
High performance magnets from Goudsmit UK are used daily in hundreds of industrial applications worldwide. All magnetic products manufactured by Goudsmit UK also meet or exceed ISO 9001, AS 9100D and IATF 16949 quality standards.
Contact us today for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or speak to a member of our team call us on +44 (0) 2890 271 001.